Monday, November 23, 2015

Every Film Has a Finale


This will be my final blog post on behalf of Box Office Smash. A lot...a lot of work has gone into the creation, theme, and parallelism of my business's social media campaigns. Although, when I look back through every post, tweet, and photo I can't help but be proud of the work I put into the company personalized, and assigned to me thirteen weeks ago.
Character Captain Jack Sparrow motions goodbye
in the film Pirates of the Caribbean
Source
When first introduced to Laurie Boettcher’s Social Media Marketing course I expected it to be a breeze. I use social media on a daily basis, how hard can it be? If this hadn’t been my first experience with Laurie, that would not have been the case. This class has proven to be one of my most difficult courses out of the Marketing Communications program at Chippewa Valley Technical College thus far - yet the most rewarding as well. One can learn an endless amount of information about social media once they realize it is much more than for personal use. If I ever have the opportunity to run a social media campaign for a real company, I would be thrilled.
Throughout this course I was reintroduced to social media platforms such as, Facebook, Twitter (Vine), Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Except this time around it was from a business’s standpoint where I learned not just how to properly reach my fictional business’s target markets but how to construct posts and images as well. I also experienced SoundCloud, Blogger, and Jing for the first time. 
Businesses need a social media platform where consumers can find every bit of information they need. Information like how they can reach the company’s other forms of social media, and also read personalized, in depth postings. For my company this was Blogger. If I were to continue my social media use for Box Office Smash I would focus on Blogger, Facebook, and Twitter.  The one change I would make to my platform would be using Pinterest instead of Instagram. Although, Instagram held its’ benefits, I believe I could have better reached my target market through the use of Pinterest boards and posts.
The Breakfast Club
Source

Overall, this class was an experience I wouldn't give for anything else.
 
Sincerely yours,
Box Office Smash
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful reflection. You totally made my day. You have shown dedication and true talent in the realm of social media. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete